Ever felt rancid after taking a particularly horrible photo? You're not alone! We're all (slightly) social media-obsessed and it's easier to learn the tips and tricks to being photogenic, as opposed to rolling the dice every single time a photo is taken. That feeling of hoping and praying it'll look good then the crushing disappointment when it isn't is really NOT The one. So here is our beginners guide to looking like your very best self on Instagram!
Taking a good photo is part art, part science—it’s a lot harder than it looks to hit those angles and make sure you look as bomb on camera as you do in real life :
1. Make sure your makeup is an exact match. Not matching your skin to your chest and neck is a rookie error and can make you look uber crazy when the flash hits!
2. To avoid a double chin, elongate your neck and push your face forward a bit. Think of sticking out your forehead and tipping your chin slightly down. It feels very strange, but the results are worth it we promise!
3. If you often blink in photos, close your eyes just before the picture is taken and open them slowly before the camera clicks. Goodbye drunken looking, half-closed eyes!
4. Take a look at your best five photos of yourself and try to spot similarities. Do you prefer some angles more than others? Do you prefer your hands on your hips ? Try to replicate your best poses next time you have your photo taken.
5. This is an oldie but a goodie, and has been used on red carpets since time immemorial: Place your tongue behind your teeth when you smile to avoid a too-wide grin.